I just wanted to take a minute and talk about my grandpa Jorgensen. He turned 82 in August and is still going strong. This picture was taken last Friday after his brother Glens funeral. Grandpa Sam was the youngest of 9 children there were 6 boys and 3 girls. Out of all 9 children the only ones left are my grandpa and 1 sister Arlene in Arizona.
I have a lot of memories of my grandpa when I was younger. I remember one out of the many sleep overs I had riding with my grandpa in his old orange truck down to the old cash saver gas station to get gas in his truck and he would tell me to stay in the truck while he went in to pay. Grandpa would always bring me back a treat and it was always the individual wrapped pink bubble gum. To this day every time I eat that particular gum the taste always reminds me of grandpa Sam.
My grandpa when I was younger called me goldie because of my blond hair. Now days he calls me and my sister Blondie even though we both have dark hair:) oh well it's still cute !
Grandpa Sam is a big time story teller ...when we go to visit he has one story after another and a lot of them are of when he was younger so I love to hear them.
Grandpa Sam we love you :)

2 comments:
That's so great that you took the time to write down those sweet memories. I love grandpas!!! This made me miss my grandpa jay so much! Life just hasn't been the same without him:( I love the pictures of ryker! They turned out great! The railroad one is my favorite!
Sweet post Jen! Thanks for sharing. I saw some of the pictures that Jen took for you guys and they turned out so dang cute! You are gorgeous lady! I love your hair too. You have such a cute family. Miss ya tons!
Post a Comment